” White Hat Principled Ethical Hacker “, ” Slicer “, or ” Socketguard ” whatever you want to term me as an Information Security Professional, all titles serve the same role having one common goal: protect our Client.
In short, my security specialty is I continually am present in the moment applying my concentrated studies in psychology, forensics and criminology to contribute to enrichment of the safety of my Client(s). I am a Threat Analyst who protect systems and locations, leveraging my legal paraprofessional training to consider implications of actions taken, working with information and latest technology stacks to establish insurance claim viability and actively maintain an updated training on the evolutionary mindset of perpetrators such as shooters, data crackers, cyber bullying and cases of insurgent disruption.
My first “ official ” experience in this line of fieldwork was when the Cincinnati Ohio Police District 1 Investigations Bureau came to the service bureau I worked at in 1997 and asked if their Detectives could meet with the Agency’s “best graphics person” on analyzing some digital images for them. That was (of course) me! I was supplied with three ATM camera photos of a bank robber. He had parked his car just barley in frame view during the robbery for me to get to work on immediately as it was in the first 24 hours of the crime.
I took the images of the car and re-constructed the anti-alias on the car’s license plate which had pulled up in frame and the perpetrator has exited straight to the machine; in half an hour I presented my findings to the Detectives. A month went by when I learned that my work was used as evidence and the criminals were apprehended; traced by my good work !
As an IT professional in 2000, I held low level FBI security clearance for a SIDA badge in my past to be able to walk on air strip runways and operate on IT in secure MAF and DFW authorized only locations. I worked in wireless microwave P2P and POE frequencies and determined that a dirty playing competitor was scrambling my Client Line of Sight Signal and AirSnort what sensitive data I can access from Physician parking lots then go in and consult how to secure that.
Since then my production company I co-founded worked to secure out website clients on medical patient HIPPA compliance related info-sec services. Also had the privileged to serve the USMC Marine Heritage Foundation in Quantico, VA for three years with ecommerce before to turning the website over to Ogilvy Worldwide. Then in 2005, my film crew colleagues and I re-created the Columbine Shooting as an educational awareness drama-documentary, winning the Tribecca iFilm festival!
Since then I have found deeper purpose in this line of work after interviewing the parents on how they want their children remembered in contrast to how social media portrayed them. Since this reinforcing inspiration and since becoming a father myself, Ive wanted to perpetuate effective stewardship for the prevention of violations of all sorts of deviance upon those trying to live their daily lives or for once relax and have a good time in a safe environment.
I have served as an authority in digital forensic cases in a number of ways including recreating crash scenes in Midland, Texas courts to show the events of a car accident based on calculating impact forces that took lives derived by required speeds to yield such velocities required to produce the ultimate unfortunate effects of crash sites. Ive also performed statistical analysis and strike-force animation presentations from supplied intelligence for the DEA in Dayton, Ohio.
I have helped design country music and fairground location scouting and event security consultations (in Texas) for crowd flow, traffic fencing and parking control as well as scheduling door money transfers; reporting on number of guards required at different posts along event timelines and local police coordination accompanied with experienced municipal permit acquisition. Delivering aerial security from unauthorized unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) overhead intrusion from such foreign robots as drones or shooting from sniper superior higher-ground positions like in Vegas is a ever-growing pressing sensitive inclusion in this planning scope.
For Homeland Security Ive been the Project Director and co-animator of weather animations which calculated physical force for explosion deterministics of variable input magnitudes from which my render engine played out and reported on how fast those different impacting fueled fires would spread and reach other potentially vulnerable explosive “hot spots” down-wind across real geographical targeted terrains giving first-respondents an idea of how much time there is to act.
Over the last 10 years Ive supported RBL white-listing, email filtering and end-user best practice advocacy as well as now my majority of security efforts have been in concentration of web application security and help aid my leading Information Security Officer on zero day log reconnaissance when needed in emergent just-in-time lockout responses and advocating new policy design to enact with established user culture(s). I also program serialized D/Crypt and SSO authentication for profile identity and password automation and Administer ADFS and Shibboleth Relational Trusts.
I have since further ventured deeper into ethical practice in the following services:
- Analyze and protect systems and locations:
- Reconnaissance: trashing , phreaking, profiling targets, botnet port scanning, IP scam response check, and other public investigations etc.
- Analysis and Scientific Interpretation: verify and establishing authenticity and identity of audio recordings and photographic sampling while maintaining no circular reasoning.
- Weaponization: design of exploitability to a hone-in target
- Delivery: email phishing, malware, bug/flaw holes, internal usb, ftp down, extranet file share, test for injection exploits, identify “beachheads”, location distribution and drop
- Exploitation: evaluate all entry/exit points of software to memory or disk or location points of exposed vulnerability from a myriad of potential influencers, conducting penetration tests
- Installation: registry to auto-run payload opportunities such as advanced persistent threat (APT) malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) optimization.
- Command & control: operational governance long term of Business Process Management, Information I/O, Traffic Flow, and Crowdsourced Jeane Dixon Effect Response
- Computer Forensic Investigations: Preserving Data for Legal Case evidence if compromised but also in advance of cyber attacks draft Business Continuity (BC) outlines for acquiring and analyzing that data for normalization and centralization. Drafting Disaster Recovery (DR) plans of Action (POA) for each Information Hub for preventive measure not just reactive public response and private forensic reconnaissance.
- Legal implications and Insurace Claim viability
- Evidence: I know how to maintain a sterile admissible evidence vault which would not get thrown out of court. Reproducability and verifiability are mantras of my efforts.
- Fourth Amendment authorization: I carefully act on behalf of the authorizing client on concrete evidence alone as Im trained on the ability to not infuse attribution bias nor presentism in my case investigations. WriteBlockers, Chains of Custody documentation, Evidence containers, Affidavits, Warrants, field-kit software and hardware and other tools of information integrity shall be secured for private investigations as required.
- Evaluations: I am versed in reporting on civil damages, calculating compensatory damage value and designing constructive delivery options while also for clients effectively establishing liability coverable grounds when identifying perpetrator “mens rea” (purposefully knowing) and such drawing willful and deviant intent (at the time of events) to a concluding argumentative preponderance to the evidence of an outlined “actus reus” (bad behavior) occurrence(s).
- Active ongoing Training
- Organization: I bring Harvard University certified lectured MBA organization trained best-of-breed processes coupled with my vast real world Information Technology application experience to data related issues and physical location and event planning.
- Concentrations: Im privileged to learn from national leading professors at the Widener Law School (where VP Biden teaches) in their respective fields on areas of legal paraprofessional concentrations including:
- Dr. David Arena PsyD, JD, MBA who taught me White Collar Crime, Gang Crime in America, Forensic Psychology featuring Criminology and Victimology.
- Dr. Cipparone, PhD, JD, MBA who instructs much of the regional police cadets in civilian field engagement and taught me Torts, Statues, Doctrines and Paralegal Analysis for case preparation.
- Dr. Smith PhD, JD, MBA who taught me Advanced Patent Law.
- Dr. David Fendrich PhD, who taught me Evolutionary, Paranormal and Behavioral Psychology and shifted me to advocate skeptical thinking thanks to networking with Micheal Schemer of Skeptic Magazine for my capstone.
- intellectual Values: Id be remiss if I also did not express a working knowledge of Kantian Ethics, Sociology and Anthropology applicable to this field.
- Maintain updated evolutionary knowledge of perpetrators such as shooters, hackers and other insurgent disruption
- Action: hackivist motives, espionage, more cause-driven subversive goals; mining for psycho fallacy of Effort Inadequacies and the Need for Certainty, Control, and Simplicity
- Behavioral Forensics: patterning analysis for pre-attack escalation prevention while maintaining a healthy lens against agency infusion of false dilemmas.
- Criminology: psychological reporting on post-occurence debrief and victimology